It's the 2nd of February already, time flies doesn't it? I've been posting on Blogger but haven't done so on here for a couple of weeks and so thought I'd tell you about my brand new cushion design, the first of 2015.
Using shapes, I love to build up a design and this time I decided on yo-yo flower shapes which was a little adventurous as the most I've gone into so far, in a 3D way, have been flat flower shapes. I like a challenge though and the idea in my head seemed to work and so why not have a go? If you don't try then you'll never know is my motto. It took a lot longer than I'd anticipated ( but they usually do ) and I spent most of last week working on the whole thing, adding bits, taking bits away that didn't look right, adding more bits, and finally completing the actual design. Then came the sewing which I have to say took rather an age too and was completed in stages. There's a wonderful amount of freehand machine embroidery in this design, some fabric paint additions and of course lots of hand sewing of buttons, sequins and beads for all of the fine details.
Here's the end result which is now sold, I'm thrilled!
If you'd like to know more then please do visit my other blog over at Blogger, link below.