It's taken me months to get to this stage because in all honesty, I was pretty frightened of doing a shop and getting it all correct but it wasn't that hard in the end and I just went for it.
News on my custom order for a Countess!
Well, I completed this order yesterday and it's very beautiful but wasn't so easy getting it done. Anything, and everything, that could possibly have gone wrong, from start to finish, went wrong. My machine got fluff in it and almost ripped the bag at one point but I managed to save it just in time and then the ' Fleur de Lys ' wasn't as easy as planned. I'd spent just over an hour designing and cutting a template out for this because the family one has a certain shape to it and I wanted to incorporate this into a normal, and not too difficult, shaped one. When I came to do the appliqué work the machine decided to pucker everything up at one point and so I had to increase the stitch size and start all over again. At least I managed to get myself out of that one, phew!
I have concluded that after 4 hours of sewing it was the stress of getting something absolutely right for a Countess, and someone I personally know and whom has offered to do lots of publicity for me. Don't get me wrong, I stress over every single custom order that I have because they're different to normal creations you do, they're a personal choice from the client and you have to mix your style in with their tastes...not so easy sometimes.
So, here is the finished bag and as usual the photo isn't so good, I'm renowned for this! I do however have a new camera on the way that my father is giving me and it's some kind of super duper, easy to use, digital one and so finger's crossed it takes better photos than the one I have already.